Eilean Donan Castle Framed Print
Eilean Donan Castle 37 Framed & Mounted Print
- our prints are created from high-quality wood, milled with simple clean lines and presented with a satin finish
- Includes an off-white mount that will not discolour or fade with age.
- Simple, elegant design
- Premium, fine art paper with a gently textured surface
- Handmade by specialist picture framers
- FSC certified off-white mat / window mount
- Delivered ready for hanging.
Eilean Donan Castle Prints from Photogold prints
Eilean Donan Castle 37 Framed Prints . Eilean Donan was the location for Highlander and a James Bond film . The castle is on an island in the middle of 3 lochs . In 1719 it was held by Spanish Jacobites who were supporters of Bonnie Prince Charlie .
Three English frigates sailed into Loch Duich and bombarded the castle with cannon fire until it was in ruins. The castle them lay in ruins for nearly 200 years. In 1911 John MacRae-Gilstrap bought the castle and start work to restore the castle over a period of twenty years at a total cost of a quarter of a million pounds. Local materials were used wherever possible.
Eilean Donan is the most photographed castle i Scotland , and possibly in the world due to its unique location on a small island ( Eilean ) in the middle of three lochs